FANDOM


  • So this image brought this up...

    Sketchbook entry zalgo by shadowgerbil-d566ux2
















    ...and it's driving me nuts. I'm sorry, but the artist thinks a being with God-like powers would lose against Slenderman?

    He sometimes warps reality

    People go insane and die just by looking at him

    He is believed to be THE INCARNATION OF CHAOS ITSELF

    • Traditionally in mythology all things emerged from chaos (even the Big Bang theory pretty much says that), so being chaos itself would mean he is ancient and extremely powerful

    He also is supposedly capable of ending the world, which is implied to be inevitable

    Yet this says he would be destroyed by Slender Man?

    Really?

    Chaos itself could be defeated by a guy who teleports and kidnaps kids? Somehow he could use his powers to destroy an ancient being who destroys anything that looks at it?

    Chaos can't be destroyed.


    I appreciate the artist's talent and efforts, but I think the artist severely misjudged.

    Anyone disagree?

      Loading editor
    • I agree with your point. Isn't Slender Man an immortal? So they would fight for all eternity if they did fight right?

        Loading editor
    • Brought to a point, we have Chaos VS. Fear. Both terribly strong, both (probably) immortal... If you ask me, I don't think one of them is stronger than the other one.

        Loading editor
    • But Slenderman's powers are known to be more limited than Zalgo's.

      Slenderman can interact with reality, while Zalgo can completely alter reality

        Loading editor
    • Here's what I got so far to compare their abilities (subject to change)

      Zalgo Slenderman
      Mind control Mind control
      Presumed to be immortal Presumed to be immortal
      Video, text, and image corruption, very specificly announcing Zalgo's presence, can do this to any image, video, printed or digital Technology corruption, non-specific, only distorts video image. Cannot alter already printed photographs, has no effect on non-digital devices
      Can change a victim's physical form
      His victims can go insane or die just by looking at him Slowly drives victims mad before he Kills his victims
      Has been shown to warp reality Teleportation
      Possibly able to be in multiple places at once, might even be omni-present, meaning he is everywhere As far as anyone knows, can only be in one place at a time
      Is generally unpredictable and his methods seem to vary Usually sticks with the same methods
      Might have a cult Might have a cult
      Capable of ending the world, which it is implied he will eventually do
        Loading editor
    • Well, in the fear mythos, Slendy can transform Proxys, right? Also, I can't take something serious, which lives in Garfield comics.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      Well, in the fear mythos, Slendy can transform Proxys, right? Also, I can't take something serious, which lives in Garfield comics.


      Fear Mythos is considered pure fiction, and in the Fear Mythos whether or not he can do that depends on who's writing the story

        Loading editor
    • Well, but just because something is fiction it doesn't mean you can't include it into your theories. I mean, why shouldn't he be able to? We know no way of permanently controlling someones mind or body. Slender Man does. Why shouldn't he know a way to cause physical transformation? I mean, according to some theories, he gains powers because we think he has them. And in other theories, he was human, too, until something bad happened.

      I also doubt he will die or loose his perfect sanity by looking at Zalgo.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      Well, but just because something is fiction it doesn't mean you can't include it into your theories. I mean, why shouldn't he be able to? We know no way of permanently controlling someones mind or body. Slender Man does. Why shouldn't he know a way to cause physical transformation? I mean, according to some theories, he gains powers because we think he has them. And in other theories, he was human, too, until something bad happened.

      I also doubt he will die or loose his perfect sanity by looking at Zalgo.


      Fear Mythos also doesn't ahve an official canon. That's why it's made up of multiple universes, simply referred to as "Verses"

        Loading editor
    • Well, yes, but as we noticed, Rule 1 of the Slender Man Canon is "There is no actual Slender Man Canon". Even Victor Surge was questioned. By me and by others.^^

      And the mere fact that Slender Man has not always the same powers in the Fear Mythos doesn't mean that what I said is wrong.

      I mean, I don't know if Slendy could beat Zalgo. If there were constant knowledge in this business, the very purpose would be (partly) ruined. But I would simply say that Zalgo is stronger.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      Well, yes, but as we noticed, Rule 1 of the Slender Man Canon is "There is no actual Slender Man Canon". Even Victor Surge was questioned. By me and by others.^^

      And the mere fact that Slender Man has not always the same powers in the Fear Mythos doesn't mean that what I said is wrong.

      I mean, I don't know if Slendy could beat Zalgo. If there were constant knowledge in this business, the very purpose would be (partly) ruined. But I would simply say that Zalgo is stronger.


      I agree on Zalgo being stronger. While in every incarnation Slender Man has some form of limits, in the majoritity of Zalgo's interpretations he has no limits

        Loading editor
    • Then again, it changes nothing about the fact I like Slendy more. The mythos is more fun, Zalgo lacks this awesome "It could be real"- feeling which blessed us with all the trolls, keeping us entertained... Slendy beats Zalgo at least concerning my popularity ranking.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      Then again, it changes nothing about the fact I like Slendy more. The mythos is more fun, Zalgo lacks this awesome "It could be real"- feeling which blessed us with all the trolls, keeping us entertained... Slendy beats Zalgo at least concerning my popularity ranking.

      I feel like Zalgo has potential, but is kind of being held back

        Loading editor
    • I can't take the part with the comics serious.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      I can't take the part with the comics serious.


      I like to imagine either how much he's able to warp varies (since chaos is unpredicatble) or that he just kinda does that when he's really really bored

        Loading editor
    • He probably used to nightmarish the paintings of great artists. But if all he has left are Cyanide and Happiniess Comics, he has to go with those.

        Loading editor
    • Um I say a flaw in your chart. Zalgo is said to have 7 mouths. 6 speaking diffent languages and the 7th waiting to sing the song that will end the word. But that's the only limit I see for him. He must wait until a specific time to start this song.

        Loading editor
    • 50.27.206.196 wrote:
      Um I say a flaw in your chart. Zalgo is said to have 7 mouths. 6 speaking diffent languages and the 7th waiting to sing the song that will end the word. But that's the only limit I see for him. He must wait until a specific time to start this song.

      I wonder if Slendy would die with this world. I mean, he can change between different worlds, so...

        Loading editor
    • 50.27.206.196 wrote:
      Um I say a flaw in your chart. Zalgo is said to have 7 mouths. 6 speaking diffent languages and the 7th waiting to sing the song that will end the word. But that's the only limit I see for him. He must wait until a specific time to start this song.


      Well, I would hope he's waiting to end the world and won't end it just to defeat Slender Man

      I'm pointing out all there abilities to compare how powerful they are, and since Zalgo can and it's hinted he eventually will end the world, then that makes him extremely powerful

        Loading editor
    • Well, Darquesse from SP had simillar strenght.

        Loading editor
    • If Zalgo saw after an epic battle that Slender Man didn't die I think that would be his ace in the hole. Destroy 1 world to send his enemy to a different one.

        Loading editor
    • So someone else did read the books?

        Loading editor
    • 50.27.206.196 wrote:
      If Zalgo saw after an epic battle that Slender Man didn't die I think that would be his ace in the hole. Destroy 1 world to send his enemy to a different one.


      I HIGHLY DOUBT HE WOULD END THE ENTIRE WORLD JUST TO GET RID OF SLENDERMAN

      Seriously, I think the fact he hasn't destroyed the world means he wants it to last a little longer...if only for him to mess with it

        Loading editor
    • But that might be his weakness then. If he doodles around with Slendy instead of finishing the job...

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      But that might be his weakness then. If he doodles around with Slendy instead of finishing the job...

      I never said he wouldn't finish the job, I just doubt he would take out the entire freaking planet just to take out one guy.

      Especially since he can warp reality

        Loading editor
    • It's fear vs chaos we're talking about. Would they really fight or would they both just mess with humans as a team?

        Loading editor
    • 50.27.206.196 wrote:
      It's fear vs chaos we're talking about. Would they really fight or would they both just mess with humans as a team?

      The latter, probably. But that's not the point of this discussion.^^

        Loading editor
    • 50.27.206.196 wrote:
      It's fear vs chaos we're talking about. Would they really fight or would they both just mess with humans as a team?


      Actually, there's no actual evidence that Slender Man feeds off of fear.

        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:
      50.27.206.196 wrote:
      It's fear vs chaos we're talking about. Would they really fight or would they both just mess with humans as a team?

      Actually, there's no actual evidence that Slender Man feeds off of fear.

      not feeds of fear... He is the physical form of fear, and Zalgo is the physical(?) form of chaos... I'm not sayng slender is stronger than Zalgo, he isn't, but don't the creepypasta's and mythos keeps implying that almost everything is speculation and sledermans abilities are mostly unknown.. Its the unkown that causes him to be feared. I don't know enough about zalgo to pair them up for a battle but I think they would, you know, just kinda ignore each other?

        Loading editor
    • Three-sided-coin wrote:
      PyroGothNerd wrote:
      50.27.206.196 wrote:
      It's fear vs chaos we're talking about. Would they really fight or would they both just mess with humans as a team?

      Actually, there's no actual evidence that Slender Man feeds off of fear.
      not feeds of fear... He is the physical form of fear, and Zalgo is the physical(?) form of chaos... I'm not sayng slender is stronger than Zalgo, he isn't, but don't the creepypasta's and mythos keeps implying that almost everything is speculation and sledermans abilities are mostly unknown.. Its the unkown that causes him to be feared. I don't know enough about zalgo to pair them up for a battle but I think they would, you know, just kinda ignore each other?


      No, Slenderman is not fear itself.

        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:
      Three-sided-coin wrote:
      PyroGothNerd wrote:
      50.27.206.196 wrote:
      It's fear vs chaos we're talking about. Would they really fight or would they both just mess with humans as a team?

      Actually, there's no actual evidence that Slender Man feeds off of fear.
      not feeds of fear... He is the physical form of fear, and Zalgo is the physical(?) form of chaos... I'm not sayng slender is stronger than Zalgo, he isn't, but don't the creepypasta's and mythos keeps implying that almost everything is speculation and sledermans abilities are mostly unknown.. Its the unkown that causes him to be feared. I don't know enough about zalgo to pair them up for a battle but I think they would, you know, just kinda ignore each other?

      No, Slenderman is not fear itself.

      Still, I don't think they would naturally fight another.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      PyroGothNerd wrote:
      Three-sided-coin wrote:
      PyroGothNerd wrote:
      50.27.206.196 wrote:
      It's fear vs chaos we're talking about. Would they really fight or would they both just mess with humans as a team?

      Actually, there's no actual evidence that Slender Man feeds off of fear.
      not feeds of fear... He is the physical form of fear, and Zalgo is the physical(?) form of chaos... I'm not sayng slender is stronger than Zalgo, he isn't, but don't the creepypasta's and mythos keeps implying that almost everything is speculation and sledermans abilities are mostly unknown.. Its the unkown that causes him to be feared. I don't know enough about zalgo to pair them up for a battle but I think they would, you know, just kinda ignore each other?

      No, Slenderman is not fear itself.
      Still, I don't think they would naturally fight another.


      There's some ARG where Slender Man is trying to stop Zalgo from spreading his chaos and ending the world.... It's mentioned on the Zalgo page

        Loading editor
    • Okay, but then, Slendy is still around and if Zalgo could finish him any time, he wouldn't.

        Loading editor
    • slender wins mainly because zalgo can only affect things like pics videos etc but slender man has no face no eyes no ears no facial anything except blank zalgo wouldn't be able to do anything to slender but slender apparently must be able to sense things because hes's able to follow people where they go

        Loading editor
    • refer to me as wto.

        Loading editor
    • (wto) + slender man doesnt need to show all his abilities (if more probably) he only kidnaps humans (we have to invent our weapons unlike other animals) pretty sure slender man would win

        Loading editor
    • HIS. NAME. IS. NOT. SLENDER!!!!!

      Also, the idea Zalgo only affects pictures is currently not considered canon.

        Loading editor
    • It was never considered canon. What kind of CP would that have been, to begin with: The big scary monster that can't kill you 'cause he sticks to Garfield comics?

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      It was never considered canon. What kind of CP would that have been, to begin with: The big scary monster that can't kill you 'cause he sticks to Garfield comics?


      Well, technically the original author claimed that's all Zalgo does...but naturally no one liked that idea because it was lame and stupid, so we all found ways around it.

        Loading editor
    • I think he said something like "Or does he...?" Oh, well.

        Loading editor
    • I wanna be a proxy! Or something of the sort!

        Loading editor
    • 99.195.118.53 wrote:
      I wanna be a proxy! Or something of the sort!

      NO YOU F***ING DON'T

      PROXIES ARE MINDLESS SLAVES WHO ARE DISCARDED ONCE THEY'VE OUTLIVED THEIR USEFULLNESS

      THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ABOUT BEING A D*** PROXY

      Also, you broke a rule, and now you are blocked. We do not tolerate this bulls***

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.