FANDOM


  • Can it be?

    Cabadathvsslenderman








    YES, IT CAN! SOME HAVE BROUGHT THIS DISCUSSION BACK UP, AND NOW WE FINALLY MAKE USE OF THE FORUMS HERE!!!!

    Blog thumbnail 12820834









    Okay, go for it, guys. But no placing bets and gambling, no drinking on the thread, and no reenacting the fight with real weapons and tentacles.

      Loading editor
    • Oh, and while we're doing the wrestling match theme, here's the music

      WWF Gangrel 1st Theme Song - "Blood" with Download Link03:42

      WWF Gangrel 1st Theme Song - "Blood" with Download Link

      I only know about this song because of a Scarecrow (from Batman) tribute

        Loading editor
    • Well, I'm gonna listen to the reversed Gravity Falls theme instead.

        Loading editor
    • But that's not wrestling style...

        Loading editor
    • Too many unknowns about both characters(especially Slenderman) to really make a call.

        Loading editor
    • Did that ever stop us from discussing it? This is a outer base of the Slender Man Wiki.

        Loading editor
    • So, they both can teleport, Slenderman has tentacles which give him more range, Cabadath has a mellee weapon.

      Cabadath can walk normally, Slenderman is almost never seen walking normally.

      For the fight we're using Cabadath when he still had his powers

      They both have a large number of followers, so we'll make it a one-on-one fight

        Loading editor
    • Well, Cabbi has his scythe- staff- something- weapon, but can Slender Man be hurt by a physical weapon? Slender Mans tentacles however are part of his somewhat supernatural body, so they'd probably hurt Cabbi. And as far as I recall, Cabadath has little variety of weapons, he only kills with his weapon, as far as I recall. Slender Man has his many tentacles, which have wider range and can be used in more different ways. Also, he has his abillity of mind. It's the question if enough of Cabadaths conciousness remained to be tortured, but I'd guess so. And in some stories, Slender Man has pyrokinesis, using fire to destroy evidence. I say Slender Man won't know the name of the king.

        Loading editor
    • The main problem lies in us not knowing what it takes to hurt, let alone kill, either character. We also shouldn't forget that Cabadath is  an adept sorcerer. He can paralyze people with his magic, it's implied he possesses pyrokinesis, and he is responsible for creating and empowering John DeFoe. That scythe-stave of his is not the deadliest tool in his arsenal, especially considering the fact that Cabadath is just as capable of killing with his bare hands.

      Cabadath has been tortured and warped for millennia by an eldtrich horror. I very much doubt that Slenderman's mind games would faze him in the least.

        Loading editor
    • But neither his scythe nor his bare hands will help him against an enemy with such an incredible range. Also, concerning DeFoe, this abillity would be useless since this is a One VS One. Otherwise, Slender Man would win in no time, since he has far more cultists, proxies and probably other... things (like, maybe, the Rake; I still think its something like Slendys pet).

      And the fact he has been tortured by an eldritch horror means nothing but that he can be tortured by eldritch horrors. And, well Slendy has even be speculated to be our beloved thousand- faced deity by the name of Nyarlathotep. He is an eldritch horror.

        Loading editor
    • As the wiki contributer pointed out, Cabadath would have sorcery on his side. He can even change his surroundings, and take the place of another person.

      Also, he can teleport just as much as Slenderman, so he could dodge Slenderman's attacks easily.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      But neither his scythe nor his bare hands will help him against an enemy with such an incredible range. Also, concerning DeFoe, this abillity would be useless since this is a One VS One. Otherwise, Slender Man would win in no time, since he has far more cultists, proxies and probably other... things (like, maybe, the Rake; I still think its something like Slendys pet).

      And the fact he has been tortured by an eldritch horror means nothing but that he can be tortured by eldritch horrors. And, well Slendy has even be speculated to be our beloved thousand- faced deity by the name of Nyarlathotep. He is an eldritch horror.


      What makes you say that Slenderman has a greater range than Cabadath? I brought up DeFoe as an example of Cabadath's powers, not as an ally in this fight.

      The thing is is that Chzo is a far greater power than Cabadath. We haven't established the same for Slenderman. Slenderman is pretty good at tormenting college kids, but doing the same to a 2000 year old lich who has become so jaded to torture that the god of Pain(Chzo) himself got bored with him is a whole different ballgame. I'd rather not speculate on what Slenderman may or may not be, but rather go with what we actually know about him.

        Loading editor
    • 78.56.0.252 wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      But neither his scythe nor his bare hands will help him against an enemy with such an incredible range. Also, concerning DeFoe, this abillity would be useless since this is a One VS One. Otherwise, Slender Man would win in no time, since he has far more cultists, proxies and probably other... things (like, maybe, the Rake; I still think its something like Slendys pet).

      And the fact he has been tortured by an eldritch horror means nothing but that he can be tortured by eldritch horrors. And, well Slendy has even be speculated to be our beloved thousand- faced deity by the name of Nyarlathotep. He is an eldritch horror.


      What makes you say that Slenderman has a greater range than Cabadath? I brought up DeFoe as an example of Cabadath's powers, not as an ally in this fight.

      The thing is is that Chzo is a far greater power than Cabadath. We haven't established the same for Slenderman. Slenderman is pretty good at tormenting college kids, but doing the same to a 2000 year old lich who has become so jaded to torture that the god of Pain(Chzo) himself got bored with him is a whole different ballgame. I'd rather not speculate on what Slenderman may or may not be, but rather go with what we actually know about him.


      He was saying greater range because the tentacles can reach out and hit Cabadath from a distance (we're assuming they can extend pretty far, as they do in many images)

        Loading editor
    • In most images I've seen, the tentacles don't seem to be long enough to exceed the length of Cabadath's scythe(which is about 8 feet long). Even then, do we know if the tentacles are even useful in combat? Do we know how hard can Slenderman hit? Cabadath, at least,  has been shown to have superhuman strength.

        Loading editor
    • 78.56.0.252 wrote:
      In most images I've seen, the tentacles don't seem to be long enough to exceed the length of Cabadath's scythe(which is about 8 feet long). Even then, do we know if the tentacles are even useful in combat? Do we know how hard can Slenderman hit? Cabadath, at least,  has been shown to have superhuman strength.


      Many claim he can make his tentacles sharp as swords.

        Loading editor
    • 78.56.0.252 wrote:
      In most images I've seen, the tentacles don't seem to be long enough to exceed the length of Cabadath's scythe(which is about 8 feet long). Even then, do we know if the tentacles are even useful in combat? Do we know how hard can Slenderman hit? Cabadath, at least,  has been shown to have superhuman strength.

      Have you played Slender: The Arrival? Because his tentacles extend through half the forest in that one.

        Loading editor
    • Indeed, it is presumed by most his tentacles can extend as long as he wants themtos , uggesting a supernatural nature to them

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      78.56.0.252 wrote:
      In most images I've seen, the tentacles don't seem to be long enough to exceed the length of Cabadath's scythe(which is about 8 feet long). Even then, do we know if the tentacles are even useful in combat? Do we know how hard can Slenderman hit? Cabadath, at least,  has been shown to have superhuman strength.
      Have you played Slender: The Arrival? Because his tentacles extend through half the forest in that one.


      No, I haven't played the game. I was mostly going by the pictures and the YouTube videos. Either way, has Slenderman ever actually done anything with the tentacles? In fact, has Slenderman ever even engaged anyone in an actual fight?

        Loading editor
    • 78.56.0.252 wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      78.56.0.252 wrote:
      In most images I've seen, the tentacles don't seem to be long enough to exceed the length of Cabadath's scythe(which is about 8 feet long). Even then, do we know if the tentacles are even useful in combat? Do we know how hard can Slenderman hit? Cabadath, at least,  has been shown to have superhuman strength.
      Have you played Slender: The Arrival? Because his tentacles extend through half the forest in that one.

      No, I haven't played the game. I was mostly going by the pictures and the YouTube videos. Either way, has Slenderman ever actually done anything with the tentacles? In fact, has Slenderman ever even engaged anyone in an actual fight?


      He uses them to carry himself similarly to Doctor Octupus, and I like to think he secretly uses them like double clawshots in Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

        Loading editor
    • 78.56.0.252 wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      78.56.0.252 wrote:
      In most images I've seen, the tentacles don't seem to be long enough to exceed the length of Cabadath's scythe(which is about 8 feet long). Even then, do we know if the tentacles are even useful in combat? Do we know how hard can Slenderman hit? Cabadath, at least,  has been shown to have superhuman strength.
      Have you played Slender: The Arrival? Because his tentacles extend through half the forest in that one.

      No, I haven't played the game. I was mostly going by the pictures and the YouTube videos. Either way, has Slenderman ever actually done anything with the tentacles? In fact, has Slenderman ever even engaged anyone in an actual fight?


      I suggest you watch the one Chapter of The Arrival where he takes Charlie Matheson.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      78.56.0.252 wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      78.56.0.252 wrote:
      In most images I've seen, the tentacles don't seem to be long enough to exceed the length of Cabadath's scythe(which is about 8 feet long). Even then, do we know if the tentacles are even useful in combat? Do we know how hard can Slenderman hit? Cabadath, at least,  has been shown to have superhuman strength.
      Have you played Slender: The Arrival? Because his tentacles extend through half the forest in that one.

      No, I haven't played the game. I was mostly going by the pictures and the YouTube videos. Either way, has Slenderman ever actually done anything with the tentacles? In fact, has Slenderman ever even engaged anyone in an actual fight?

      I suggest you watch the one Chapter of The Arrival where he takes Charlie Matheson.


      Which chapter would that be? Could you drop me a YouTube link?

        Loading editor
    • I think I found a video of the chapter you were talking about. While his tentacles were indeed long, their usefulness against somebody who can teleport and possesses supernatural strength(the person Slenderman restrained was a young child) is questionable.

        Loading editor
    • I think we can assume that he did not use his full strenght to take Charlie.

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      I think we can assume that he did not use his full strenght to take Charlie.


      Even if we assume that, we still don't know what is his full strength.

        Loading editor
    • Well, the problem is they BOTH can teleport, and thus they both can easily dodge eachother'sattacks

        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:
      Well, the problem is they BOTH can teleport, and thus they both can easily dodge eachother'sattacks

      True, but Cabadath can strike extremely quickly right out of his teleport. In fact, Cabadath killed the lumberjack before he even became visible.

      I agree, though. In the end, it comes down to whether they can hurt or even hit eachother. And that's very difficult to establish.

        Loading editor
    • 78.56.0.252 wrote:
      PyroGothNerd wrote:
      Well, the problem is they BOTH can teleport, and thus they both can easily dodge eachother'sattacks
      True, but Cabadath can strike extremely quickly right out of his teleport. In fact, Cabadath killed the lumberjack before he even became visible.

      I agree, though. In the end, it comes down to whether they can hurt or even hit eachother. And that's very difficult to establish.

      It could be a highly dissapointing fight...

        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:
      78.56.0.252 wrote:
      PyroGothNerd wrote:
      Well, the problem is they BOTH can teleport, and thus they both can easily dodge eachother'sattacks
      True, but Cabadath can strike extremely quickly right out of his teleport. In fact, Cabadath killed the lumberjack before he even became visible.

      I agree, though. In the end, it comes down to whether they can hurt or even hit eachother. And that's very difficult to establish.

      It could be a highly dissapointing fight...


      Indeed. Even worse, we don't really know what it takes to hurt either character.

        Loading editor
    • So we discuss about the emperors beard?

        Loading editor
    • Implord wrote:
      So we discuss about the emperors beard?

      What do you mean?

        Loading editor
    • 78.56.0.252 wrote:
      Implord wrote:
      So we discuss about the emperors beard?
      What do you mean?

      Oh, sorry. Uh, in Germany, there is a phrase for having pointless discussions: "Über des Kaisers Bart streiten". Which translates into what I said above.

        Loading editor
    • What would Cabadath and Slenderman look like with beards?

        Loading editor
    • PyroGothNerd wrote:
      What would Cabadath and Slenderman look like with beards?


      Hey, Cabadath used to have a pretty nice beard.

      @Implord, I see. Yeah, this is an inconclusive fight.

        Loading editor
    • Still fun.

        Loading editor
    • This is highly dissapointing...

        Loading editor
    • Wait one or two days and we'll have forgotten about the part where this discussion would be nonsense. ^^

        Loading editor
    • I'm bored, I'm gonna poke this thread.

        Loading editor
    • This thread was poked.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.